Machine Learning Scientist
If you are passionate in using Data Science and ML to build data powered products, tackle ambitious problems and are seeking a high-profile role in which you’ll be able to directly impact millions of our customers and partners around the world, this could be the role for you!
We help millions of travellers worldwide having a more personalised experience by creating algorithms for Traveler Intent prediction, filter ranking and Customer Experience AI. We’re also responsible for Recommendations algorithms including properties, destinations, cars and activities to help our travellers finding their dream holiday more quickly.
This key role involves building ML algorithms to solve high-impact, sophisticated problems using cutting-edge technology and approaches while working in a diverse team. You will also mentor the team and help ensure the timely delivery of key projects.
What you'll do:
• Build, deploy and optimise ML models for traveller intent prediction, filter ranking, customer experience AI, relevance and recommendations
• Mentor and provide technical support to more junior members of the team
• Work in close partnership with Product, Data and Technology teams to identify new opportunities and ensure that key projects that are carried out in the team are delivered in a timely fashion
• Develop a deep understanding of our data and ML infrastructure and champion infrastructure development needs which will help the whole team work more effectively
Who you are:
• MSc or PhD degree in: ML or Computer Science, computer vision, mathematics, or a science field with strong data/ML component; or Equivalent related professional experience
• 2+ years hands on experience with ML in a commercial environment, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing algorithms
• Experience in several of the following domains: Recommender Systems, Deep Learning, Learn-to-Rank, Regression, Classification, Clustering
• Experience with ML packages such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Python (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, Matplotlib), Spark MLlib, etc
• Experience with distributed data on Spark, Hadoop or similar platform highly preferred
• Good data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data
• Good programming practices, ability to write readable, fast code
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
Company Phone Number
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Permanent Full Time
Jan 31, 2022
Expedia Group has a number of open positions for machine learning scientists and engineers in multiple locations and verticals. Specifically, Seattle, WA, Austin TX, Chicago and Montreal, and in Europe, London, UK and Geneva, Switzerland, in the areas of SEM bidding, Conversational AI, Recommendation Systems (Personalization) https://lifeatexpediagroup.com