Machine Learning Engineer
• You will work in a cross-functional team of Machine Learning engineers and Machine Learning Science to design and code large scale batch and real-time ML
• Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
• Communicate and work with geographically distributed cross functional teams
• Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
• Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
• Define, develop, and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation
• Drive for continuous improvement within an agile development team
• Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
• Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
• You have a degree in software engineering, computer science or a similar field.
• You are comfortable programming in Python and Scala (or Java)
• You are knowledgeable in Big Data technologies, in particular Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
• You have experience in building real-time applications, preferably in Spark
• You have a good understanding of machine learning pipelines
• You have experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow
• Experience of using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
• You are familiar with workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow)
• You have experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Company Phone Number
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Permanent Full Time
Jan 31, 2022
Machine Learning Engineers partner with ML scientists partner with our Machine Learning Science counterparts to use AI/ML to collaboratively transform Expedia’s data assets into intelligent and real-time insights to support a variety of applications which are used by 1000+ market managers, analysts, our supply partners, and our travelers. Our work spans across a variety of datasets and ML models and across a diverse technology stack ranging from Spark, Sagemaker, Airflow, Databricks, Kubernetes, AWS and much more! Positions are available in a number of locations, including Seattle, Austin, Chicago, London, Geneva.
How To Apply
All the current open positions are listed at https://lifeatexpediagroup.com/
The best is to search on the term "machine learning" to get the widest scope of opportunities.
You can also contact me, Jan, directly at email@example.com